Couscous (in conversion to organic)
€ 5.61 excl. VAT
100 % Palestinian quality handmade whole-wheat couscous from fields in conversion to organic. The wheat for this couscous is harvested and processed into whole wheat flour in Jenin, a Palestinian city at the West Bank. In Jericho, the flour is hand rolled by women’s groups into delicious “maftoul”, the Palestinian couscous variety.
Organic in conversion, huh? This means that growers are already operating fully according to the organic principles but does not yet carry the certified label, because the soil is still recovering.
- Bring 3 cups slightly salted water to the boil (half a stock cube gives more taste).
- Add 2 big cups Maftoul as soon as the water boils.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes until all water is absorbed.
- Fry the Maftoul for about 10 minutes with little olive oil and in a anti sticking pan.
- Maftoul is traditionally served with hot vegetables and/or chicken.